eLearning Forum Asia 2017: Call for Papers
eLearning Forum Asia 2017
June 15 – 17, 2017. Hong Kong SAR
After the great success of the previous eLFA 2016 in Shanghai, we are pleased to announce the Tenth eLearning Forum Asia 2017 (eLFA 2017). This conference is an excellent forum for researchers and practitioners from Asia and beyond to present their projects and share their knowledge on educational innovations.
The eLFA 2017 conference will be held on June 15-17, 2017 at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), which has been recently ranked as the 6th on the QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) Rankings “Top 50 under 50” list of university.
Themes for submission
We encourage submissions of papers and posters related to, but not limited to, the following list of possible topics:
Frontiers in Collaborative learning with technology
- Team-based collaborative learning with technology
- Assessing collaborative learning with technology
- Global collaborative learning with MOOC
Evidence-based Collaborative learning with technology
- Pedagogical outcomes
- Learning analytics
- Learning sciences (e.g. cognitive science, educational neuroscience, educational psychology)
Additional Topics of Interest
- Advances in educational technology (e.g., augmented reality, virtual reality, cloud computing, 3D printing)
- Evaluation and assessment of student learning with technology
- Emerging technologies in learning (e.g., MOOC, OER, gamification)
- Experiences outside the classroom (e.g., experiential learning with technology, mobile learning)
- Novel eLearning theories and models
- Competency-based learning and skill assessment in eLearning environment
Abstract Submission for Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation
- Abstracts should only be submitted via our online EasyChair system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=elfa2017
- The deadline for abstract submission
is March 20, 2017has been extended to March 31, 2017
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- You must pick the intended type of presentation (oral, poster) AND ONE of the 6 topic areas indicated on the abstract submission form. Refer to the List of Topics below for details
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed in the section topics of this website or related areas
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: eLearning Forum Asia (eLFA) before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors
- Abstracts may not have more than 400 words including spaces
- The minimum number of words for an abstract to be reviewed is 200 words
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral, poster. The Program Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method
- Authors will have their personal access and password codes, in order to manage, edit, their abstracts on the EasyChair system
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or you do not receive any confirmation by email, please contact the Conference Secretariat: email@example.com
- Notifications of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by April 10, 2017.
Full Paper Submission
- If your abstract has been accepted, you are encouraged to submit a full paper. There is a limit of 10 pages (including references). The template of the Final Paper is available HERE eLFA 2017 Full Paper Template (DOCX) or eLFA 2017 Full Paper Template (DOC)
- A paper should contain the description of your study and should be structured in different sections such as: Abstract, Introduction, Methodology, Results, Conclusions, Acknowledgements (if applicable) and References
- Please note that title and authors list should correspond and align with the accepted abstract
- The references should be cited according to the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th Citation Style (http://www.apastyle.org)
- Contributions will only be published in the eLFA2017 Proceedings if at least one of the authors of the paper is registered before May 31, 2017
- Selected full papers will be featured in an upcoming special issue on Education Sciences, an international, peer-reviewed open access journal (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/education) indexed in Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com), ERIC – Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) (http://www.eric.ed.gov/), & DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals (http://www.doaj.org/).
- If you wish to be a session chair, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the topic area in which you are interested.
Types of presentation
The author(s) will be required to deliver a PowerPoint presentation of their research work on the conference day. Please bring along a soft copy of your presentation in a USB thumb drive. We strongly recommend bringing a back-up or emailing yourself a copy in advance in case of technical issues.
You will be allocated a 20 minute slot, please take care not to exceed it. We suggest to aim for a 12-15 minute presentation, so that there will be time for Q&A. Your presentation should be interesting, informative, well-paced and lively.
The paper posters will be placed in the display area and the poster presenters will respond to queries about their research findings during the official networking breaks. Posters presentations must conform to the following:
Your poster must measure NO LARGER than the ISO A0 size at
841mm/33.1in (W) X 1200mm/46.8in (H)
Posters will be hoisted on standard R8 exhibition panel with measurement at 2.15m (H) x 1m (W).
Presenters are required to bring their own adhesives (e.g. Blu-Tack) to affix their poster to the display panel.